After some random blogpost I’m back with what I had in mind when I started this blog: CARDS. This is the first birthday card after the holidays so I wanted something colourful and warm.
Most of the time I use 1 or 2 sets, but in this card I used 4 sets! It’s really nice how well they fit together. Here they are (from left to right):
Lawn fawn – So much to say
Gorjuss – The fox
Lawn fawn – Sweater weather
Simon says Stamp! – Handwritten borders
On New Years Eve we stayed at home with good friends and lots of food. As an appetizer I made these: it’s a puff pastry with anchovies. For our vegetarian guests I replaced the anchovy with Italian dried herbs (Miscuglio from Oil&Vinegar). Easy and fast! If you want to put something homemade on the table but you don’t have a lot of time, this is perfect!
- unroll your puff pastry dough (I bought mine premade, but you can make it from scratch if you want) on baking paper
- poke some holes in the dough with a fork
- cut the dough in long strips, cut the large strips horizontal again
- open the anchovies and place one on every strip (or sprinkle dried herbs instead)
- glaze the top with a beaten egg
- heath the oven to 220°C, bake the strips for 30min until the dough is puffed and golden brown
- let it cool down and enjoy!
First of all: have a happy New Year! I wish you all the best for 2015! My holidays were really fun but so busy, that’s why it was so quiet here (so sorry). Now that everything is back to normal, I can focus more on blogging!
New Year = new resolutions, so here is my list:
- get out of my comfortzone-wardrobe (it’s so easy to wear the same outfits, but I want to try something different)
- blog, blog, blog, blog, blog …
- enjoy every little thing in my life (and take pictures of it)
- make enough time for friends and family
- have a trip or vacation
- be more creative en make stuff (gonna be hard because TS4 is coming out on Mac)
- find new ways to get my students creative
- eat healthier (I already failed this one)
- less thinking, more doing!
Oh well, 2015 will have to be twice as long as 2014 was …