On New Years Eve we stayed at home with good friends and lots of food. As an appetizer I made these: it’s a puff pastry with anchovies. For our vegetarian guests I replaced the anchovy with Italian dried herbs (Miscuglio from Oil&Vinegar). Easy and fast! If you want to put something homemade on the table but you don’t have a lot of time, this is perfect!
- unroll your puff pastry dough (I bought mine premade, but you can make it from scratch if you want) on baking paper
- poke some holes in the dough with a fork
- cut the dough in long strips, cut the large strips horizontal again
- open the anchovies and place one on every strip (or sprinkle dried herbs instead)
- glaze the top with a beaten egg
- heath the oven to 220°C, bake the strips for 30min until the dough is puffed and golden brown
- let it cool down and enjoy!